I have just returned from the Australian Feng Shui conference in Sydney where I not only learnt many new tips and ideas but also met some other very talented Feng Shui consultants from around the world.
One who I have yet to meet but would love to fly to Texas to do so is Kathryn Weber. I subscribe to Kathryn’s newsletter as it is a great way to keep up to date on what is happening in other parts of the world. Here is an article from her latest newsletter called: Creating Wealth Chi — Energizing Your Home with Potent Wealth Symbols
Our homes, like our dreams, speak in symbols. The art, the symbols, shapes, and colors we surround ourselves with at home tells a story of our lives.
Mine speaks to a love of travel and does so in the artwork that I’ve collected from around the world. It’s important that we place objects and items in our house that inspire and motivate us. We need items that make us feel good and help us move forward in life and lift up our energy.
Clutter has way of pressing down our energy.
When we fill our homes with excess stuff we have to ask ourselves what is it we are avoiding. Open space can be intimidating and clutter fills space.
Keeping excess stuff, especially collections, puts distance between us and our feelings or keeps us from intimate relationships because things can quickly and rapidly take the place of people — and even keep us from ourselves. In the process of removing the excess stuff in your life, you don’t just find space, you’ll find yourself.
It’s good feng shui to use auspicious symbols and enhancers around your home or office.
This is a great way to lift the energy of your home and your life. But you must have the space for it first. If you place a beautiful symbol in your home in the midst of clutter and excess, you will miss the effect and the ability of the symbol to work its magic for you.
When you clear the excess from your home, any symbols and beautiful elements you place there will become not only more noticeable but more potent in your life.
Add symbols for wealth and prosperity around your home and garden. When your whole space is energized, it becomes magnetic to wealth and success.
Use these 6 ideas for adding wealth chi to your home.
1. Add a water source. Water is vital for attracting and stimulating wealth. Many homes lack fountains, ponds and pools. The sounds and views of water flowing around your home brings vital prosperity chi to your home. Even a simple urn with a pump can bring beautiful, positive “sheng chi” — the kind of chi that attracts prosperity to a home. Add water to the southwest, east, north, and southeast to tap the best energy!
2. Look for symbols to add to your entrance. The front door is your home’s cash register drawer. Every time you open your front door, you can hear the “ka ching!” Enhancing the front door brings powerful, prosperity-enhancing energy to your entire home. My own front door has a mat that evokes the mystic knot — a symbol of enduring love, wealth and abundant opportunities.
This simple mat was bought at my local home center for $10 — but the opportunities it’s brought have been worth much, much more! Excellent prosperity symbols include the mystic knot, vases, double happiness symbols, wealth Buddhas, and prosperity kitties, called Neko cats.
3. Use Chinese coins. These are the round coins with the square hole in the middle and Chinese script on one side. Place these coins in your business or money files, tape them to a phone and carry them in your purse or wallet. Place an auspicious number of coins under your mattress to stimulate wealth and let you sleep on top of wealth energy! Use your imagination to use these, just make sure you put the Chinese script side up…not the underside… and tie them with red ribbon to “activate” them.
4. Place water symbols prominently. You’ve heard me say it over and over: water equals wealth. Place pictures of water, ships, and fish in important areas. Avoid placing any water elements in bedrooms, though.
Pictures of sailing ships at the entrance to your office or home (with the ships appearing to sail into the room) are especially good harbingers of good career and money news! Aquariums are also wonderful, powerful wealth activators, but the water must remain clear and the fish healthy.
5. Display wealth frogs. Wealth frogs are powerful representatives of money because their very shape is the shape of a coin purse! Homes that are on plots of land that are smaller at the front and larger at the rear are said to resemble a bag of money. Wealth frogs should always be placed facing a door and diagonal to it. Place the frogs on the floor or a low table.
6. Tap the phoenix. The phoenix bird brings wonderful opportunities as it is the “God of the Four Winds.” The phoenix will magnify your potential for success and draw others to you who can see your magnificence — and that attracts prosperity.
Place the phoenix or other beautiful bird (rooster, peacock) on the south corner of your desk or in your office or living room, or place a small boulder out in front of your house to resemble a footstool — this taps the phoenix celestial guardian of your home and raises your good name and brings more opportunities to you.
© K Weber Communications LLC 2002-2011
Kathryn Weber is the publisher of the Red Lotus Letter Feng Shui E-zine and certified feng shui consultant in classical Chinese feng shui. Kathryn helps her readers improve their lives and generate more wealth with feng shui. For more information and to receive her FREE Ebook “The Cash Register at Your Front Door” visit http://www.redlotusletter.com and learn the fast and fun way how feng shui can make your life more prosperous and abundant!