Need something to do this weekend? Why not restyle your home office. Here are 5 easy steps to get you on your way.
1. Declutter and organise: If you won’t want to do it yourself call a professional organiser who will customise an organisational and filing system that is tailor made to you and your workflow. While you are at it, also have a OH&S consultant check your desk and chair suitability.
2. Interior styling: Start with something that inspires you: a piece of artwork, a rug, a lamp, or an accessory that you love then build the room’s style and palette based on that.
3. Colour: You don’t have to paint the walls, you can bring colour in through soft furnishings such as curtains, rugs or cushions and through your storage items such as coloured in-trays and folders. This way you can also change it up when the mood strikes! Here are what some colour can do for the ambience:
• Blues: imaginative and progressive
• Yellow: cheerful and stimulating
• Red: powerful and daring
• Orange: adventurous and unique
• Green: soothing and helps you think
• Purple: ambitious and abundant
4. Lighting: At a minimum you need at least two sources of light; in addition to your overhead light, consider a desk lamp or a floor lamp that illuminates the desk.
5. Inspiration and motivation: Visual encouragement helps remind you of your accomplishments and goals on a daily basis and keeps you motivated.
• Favourite painting or photo
• Vision or goal board with pictures of dream holidays etc.
• Gratitude board with client thank you notes etc.
• Your business’s mission statement and your logo
• Family photos and fresh flowers
• An inspirational quote that speaks to you.