Everyone has their own organising style so therefore when it comes to something as simple as jewellery, there are as many different options as there are colours!
There are some great ways to organise your jewellery – hooks on doors, compartmentalised jewellery boxes, tool boxes from the hardware store, cutlery trays, etc. Don’t know what the best solution is for you? Here are 7 tips to get you started:
- Go through all your jewellery and sort through what you have (earrings, bracelets, rings, necklaces, etc) and how many you have before you rush out and buy any storage solutions.
- Now determine what is your organising style is. Do you like you jewellery on show on hooks so you can see what you have? Do you prefer to have it neatly hidden away in boxes or drawers? Or do you like to have it all lumped in together in a basket for a “lucky dip” style?
- If you like having your colourful beads on display so you can pick and choose what to wear each day, you can start with just a couple of hooks on the inside of your wardrobe door.
- If you have a nice dressing table, you may wish to hook your earrings over the edge of a lovely cocktail glass, an antique tea cup or a fancy jewellery tree or figurine.
- I personally love ice cube trays or fishing tackle boxes to hold all my different types of jewellery – one for earrings, one for rings and one for those big “in your face” statement pieces. The tackle boxes are great for travel too as they have lids so nothing can get lost or tangled up. A similar option is a cutlery organiser that can be used for long beads or necklaces that can easily fit into a drawer or on a shelf.
- For those who love having the jewellery out in the open on the wall, a pegboard is a great idea. You could even paint the board in a colour to suit your room and put it in a frame like a work of art. You can easily screw hooks into the holes and voila! Pin-boards also work in the same way for the more delicate items that aren’t too heavy and even a flyscreen in a frame works for thread-through earrings.
- There are plenty of commercially available jewellery organisers such as jewellery boxes, velvet drawers boxes, velvet pouches (great for travel), over-the-door jewellery pouches; but if you want to save some $$, just look around the house and use your imagination!