I love hearing fresh ideas about home storage solutions. There are so many great ideas out there if you are willing to have an open mind. These 20 ideas came from the Home Improvement Pages website in Australia. See which ones work for you!
In many homes, it can seem like there’s never enough room to store all of your items. But there’s no need to put up with clutter. Check out our top 20 storage ideas to get your home looking organized.
- Build some window seats for extra storage space. By padding the lid, you’ll also create extra seating and you’ll have the perfect spot to curl up with a book.
- Fill any wasted space near the fridge with a built-in wine rack.
- Install hooks or a hanging rack at the front and back doors – these can hold coats, umbrellas, keys, or bags.
- Use the dead space underneath the hanging racks in your wardrobe. Install permanent or temporary drawers, trolleys, crates or boxes.
- Use the space underneath the bed to store items that can fit in plastic containers with wheels. These are ideal for storing out of season clothing or bedding.
- Free up floor space by mounting your television to the wall.
- A simple wooden ladder in the bathroom (bathroom) is an excellent way to gain more hanging space for towels.
- Fit a shelving system over the toilet to hold small items.
- Use a lazy susan in kitchen or bathroom cupboards to help you access items more easily.
- If you have a staircase, install shelves or cupboards underneath for instant extra storage room.
- Any items that you will not need to use for a while can be stored within your home’s roof space.
- Small boxes are useful for all kinds of odds and ends and can be placed anywhere.
- In the living areas, ottomans or footstools with storage space inside can be used to hold cushions and also brighten up the space.
- Use coffee tables that have storage space underneath to hold magazines or consider a funky magazine rack.